Reviewer: Behice Ceyda Cengiz
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Registration is required for creating or updating a wikipage. Without registration, one can have access to the wikipages for reading.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
Wikipedia is a free encyclopedia to which anyone can contribute by editing available content or creating a new wikipage. The content is provided in different languages.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
The website is updated frequently. All of the links are working.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language used on the website is accurate. A bibliography is given for all content.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It is a user friendly website. It is easy to navigate and find what you are looking for.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
Wikipedia can be considered a good website for practicing writing skills and gaining research skills. By creating new wikipages, language learners can develop as writers, have real audiences and thus become more motivated to write in English language. Classroom projects can be set up in which learners work in groups to create a wikipage about a unique topic. Learners can be provided with research guides to contribute to Wikipedia.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5