Dr. Cagri Ozkose-Biyik and Dr. Oner Uslu have been working on an “individually-guided professional development activity scale” within the scope of the EFL Teachers Project. The results of the study have been shared in the following conferences so far:
• Ozkose-Biyik, C. & Uslu, O. (2016, August). Development of a Professional Development Scale for EFL Teachers. Paper presented at the 41st Association for Teacher Education in Europe (ATEE) Conference, Fontys University of Applied Sciences, Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Click here for ATEE Conference Netherlands for the paper and here for the PowerPoint presentation. The target audience at this presentation was educational researchers from Europe and some other countries such as Israel. There were many parallel sessions, so the number of participants was lower than expected (i.e., about 10); yet, Dr. Ozkose-Biyik received constructive feedback on her scale development study.
• Ozkose-Biyik, C., & Uslu, O. (2016, May). Innovative Professional Development Tools that EFL Teachers Use in Turkey. Paper presented at the 9th International ELT Research Conference, 18 Mart University, Çanakkale, Turkey. Click here for the paper and here for the PowerPoint presentation. Among the audience at this presentation were undergraduate students from 18 Mart University, graduate students and ELT researchers from all over Turkey. The PhD students whom the fellow worked during the website evaluations were two of the 38 attendees.
• Summer Institute on Descriptive Processes, July 27-August 1, 2014, Bennington College, Bennington, Vermont, USA. This event did not include paper presentations. Rather, there were experienced presenters who facilitated concentrated work on descriptive review of children’s work.
• Ozkose-Biyik, C., & Uslu, O. (2014, May). EFL Teachers’ Individually Guided Activities to Keep their English Alive. Paper presented at the II ISNITE International Symposium on Teacher Education, University of Macerata, Italy. Click here for the extended abstract. Dr. Ozkose-Biyik did not count the number of the attendees at this presentation; however, since there were fewer sessions at this conference, at least 50 researchers from Europe and Turkey were among the audience.
• Uslu, O., & Ozkose-Biyik, C. (2014, April). İngilizce Öğretmenlerinin Mesleki Gelişim Etkinlikleri ve İhtiyaçları. 3rd National Curriculum and Instruction Conference, Gaziantep University, Gaziantep, Turkey. Click here for the paper and here for the PowerPoint presentation. Between 10 or 15 educational scientists from different sub-fields listened to the fellow’s talk at this conference. The session’s theme was teacher education.
• Ozkose-Biyik, C. (2013, May). Language Teachers are Language Learners, too. What Should They Be Doing to Keep Their English Alive? Paper presented at International Symposium: New Trends in Teacher Education, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey. Click here for the PowerPoint presentation. This session included five presentations on English language teaching. There were approximately 80 participants including undergraduate and graduate students from Turkey and ELT researchers. Please note that this presentation was held before the grant was officially approved by the European Commission.