Title: Sesli SÖZLÜK
Reviewer: Behice Ceyda Cengiz
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Without registration, one can use the dictionary and use the translation feature of the website.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
No specific name is given for the owner/author of the website. Only mail address is provided.
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
The website serves mainly as a dictionary, which includes up to 20 languages. One can also use the translation features of the website. Professional translation, reduction, rewriting and vocabulary games are the other services provided by the website.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
The website seems to be updated. The links are working.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language used on the website is accurate. No bibliography is provided.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It can be considered a user friendly website. It is easy to navigate and find what you are looking for.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
The website has a rich inventory of vocabulary items. The dictionary, which gives Turkish to English and English to Turkish translation can be used inside and outside the classroom by the teacher and students. Vocabulary games can be interesting for language learners.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5