Title: Randall’s ESL Cyber Listening Lab
Reviewer: Nur Gedik Bal
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/user/esllistening
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Registration is not required
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
The website is mainly created for listening skills. There are many audio files for beginner, intermediate and advanced level students. Actually, the owner of the website classifies the recordings as easy, medium and difficult. There are both general listening quizzes and listening quizzes for academic purposes. There are both pre-listening activities and post-listening activities.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language of the website is accurate.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
The website is simple and easy to navigate. There are not any advertisements.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
It is definitely useful for both students and teachers. Students can work on the quizzes and check the scripts of the audios on their own at home. Teachers can make use of the audios in language classes. As there are extra activities given as a pre-listening and post listening activity, it is reasonable for teachers to make use of the website in class.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5