Title: MES English
Reviewer: Behice Ceyda Cengiz
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
No registration is required. Everything is download free. Login is required only for the forum.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
The website seems to have one author. The e-mail address of the author is provided.
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
The website offers free videos, printable flashcards, games, handouts, materials about phonics education, worksheets, certificate and coloring templates, projects (international project exchanges), and a forum. The main purpose of the website is to provide language teachers with free printables. The materials are provided along with the suggestions about how to use them in class. For videos or other materials, there are accompanying flashcards, gamecards, worksheets, etc.The website is more appropriate for beginner level learners. Forum can be used by teachers to exchange ideas about the materials.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language used on the website is accurate. No bibliography is provided.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It is easy to navigate and find what you are looking for. But there is not a standard for the font type, size and color of the text. There is too much text in a single page. The layout of the website could be better.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
The website is quite useful since it provides ready-to-use materials in the classroom. It offers practicality to teachers, who can print the materials and easily integrate into their teaching.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5