Reviewer: Behice Ceyda Cengiz
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media) https://www.facebook.com/groups/iatefl https://twitter.com/iatefl
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Membership is required for accessing certain content and attending the annual conferences.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
There is contact information including mail, phone and e-mail address. The names of the executives are also given.
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
It is the website of an association for English language teachers all over the world. In the website, one can get information about the annual conference, attend special interest groups, connect with other English language teaching associations and thus “stay up to date with the latest developments in ELT”. One can also attend the free webinars. Past webinars can be watched from Youtube.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
The website is updated. The links are working.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language used on the website is accurate. No bibliography is provided.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It can be considered a user friendly website. It is easy to navigate and find what you are looking for.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
The website is for language teachers who are interested in professional development. Webinars can be quite beneficial for teachers in this regard. Annual conferences and IATEFL projects can be interesting. There are scholarships and special fundings for teachers who would like to attend conferences or have good projects. In addition to these, there are different kinds of awards offered to the teachers or teacher associations which are“in receipt of IATEFL Wider Membership Scheme funds” .
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5