Reviewer: Nur Gedik Bal
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media) –
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Registration is required for the materials and access to e-twinning community; however, there is an open access for the past online seminars for professional development.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
Web Editor: Grochowski Pia
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
e-Twinning is part of Erasmus+, the EU programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport. The website brings a variety of students and teachers together. It includes collaborative projects conducted by people from all around the world. It is available in twenty-eight languages and involves online tools for teachers to find partners, set up projects, share ideas, exchange best practice and start working together. There are professional development activities like online seminars and certain online materials that teachers can follow.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
Last change is on the 2nd of September 2016. It is an updated website.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language of the website is accurate and there is also language option so one can change it into Turkish.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
The website is easy to navigate. The organization of the website is neat and seems professional.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
It is useful for both students and teachers, but the community consists mainly of teachers and their projects. However, students can also take part in the projects and meet people all around the world in this portal. It might be very useful for students in terms of practicing language and research skills.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5