Reviewer: Nur Gedik Bal
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Registration is required to see the development of the language ability and practice the language skills. However, it is free and easy to sign up.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
The website includes practices of language skills. The activities include listen and write, translate the given sentence into English etc. One can identify daily target to work on the website. There is also discussion part where the members can discuss certain topics and share their experience with duolingo. The level of the language learners might change. It starts with the simple exercises and the practices get harder when you proceed. Therefore, it is appropriate for each level of proficiency.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
It is updated the last post was written on three hours ago.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language of the website is accurate and you can also change the language of the website into Turkish.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It is simple and easy to navigate.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
It can be useful for students who want to practice their language skills outside the classroom. Students might prefer registering to the website more than the teachers. Teachers might also suggest their learners to work on that website.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5