Title: Dersimiz İngilizce
Reviewer: Behice Ceyda Cengiz
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc. Registration is required for accessing the quizzes after the grammar lessons. Payment is also required for membership.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
No specific name is given for the owner/author of the website. No mail or e-mail address is provided.
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
The website has three main headings. These are general English, YDS English and School English. In general English, one can find lessons on grammar topics (explanations made in Turkish), vocabulary lists for different proficiency levels, very short reading passages, video lessons from other websites (mostly from Youtube), common idioms, proverbs, daily usages/ dialogues (with audio recordings), and a list of adjectives given with pictures. In YDS section, there are grammar and vocabulary lessons, quizzes and prior exam questions. For school English, vocabulary lists are given for different grade levels and TEOG exam.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
The website seems to be updated. The links are working.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language used on the website is accurate. No bibliography is provided.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It can be considered a user friendly website. It is easy to navigate and find what you are looking for.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
The website, especially those lessons on grammar and vocabulary, can be beneficial for self-study. There is a list of adjectives given with pictures, which can be used in young learner classroom. The list of common idioms, proverbs and daily usages can be taught in the classroom. The dialogues and other audio recordings can be used as listening materials in the classroom.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5