Title: Dave’s ESL Café
Reviewer: Nur Gedik Bal
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Registration is not required to access the materials.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
Dave’s ESL Cafe is maintained by Dave Sperling.
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
The website includes comprehensive language learning and teaching opportunities. There are forums for TEFL teachers and there are also teacher training and international job forum. There are grammar lessons and grammar, writing, reading quizzes for students. A list of idioms for students is also shared on the website. There are also forums for students the topics of which include computers, science, culture, current news etc.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
It is an updated website as there are posts shared today.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language of the website is accurate
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It is organized and easy to navigate.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
Teachers can make use of the forums to reach people and share their ideas. They can also use the grammar explanations given on the website. The students can make use of the quizzes and forums. Therefore, it is also beneficial for students.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5