Title: 5 Minute English
Reviewer: Behice Ceyda Cengiz
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Without registration, one can view all of the content and access all of the materials.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
In this website, one can find grammar, reading, vocabulary and listening lessons and learn about slangs and idioms. Within these lessons, there are mostly textual explanations and exercises. For listening lessons, there are also audio recordings. In the website, there is a list of other websites, which may help language learners improve their language skills.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
The website seems to be updated frequently but some of the links are not working.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy) The language used on the website is accurate. No bibliography is provided.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It is a user friendly website. It is easy to navigate and find what you are looking for.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity) Language teachers can easily utilize the materials of the website in class with a few adaptations or supplements. Especially listening exercises can be preferred in-class. All lessons (e.g. grammar lessons) can be used by students for self-studying.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5