Reviewer: Nur Gedik Bal
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
There are many subscriptions including the areas such as sports, news, gaming, comedy, automotive, technology and science and education.
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Registration is not required.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
The website is a common website used mainly to watch videos. The videos can be about anything. One can easily find a variety of videos about science and education, entertainment, news, sports, fragments of the movies, TV series, and instruction videos. The level age of the learners can be entered in the search button to have the appropriate level for the instructional video.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
It is an updated website. One can also watch news live.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The accuracy of the language of the website is okay; however, the accuracy of the language of the website depends on the content and author of the video.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
The organization of the website is good. One can easily navigate with the help of the categories given on the left part of the website. For instance, if one likes a video, he can easily access to that video by clicking on the liked videos later.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
It can be very useful for both language learners and teachers as it is an easy- to- use website. A language learner can write the topic or the title of the subject that she does not know, many instruction videos can come out and student can chose one of these sources. It is also very helpful for the language instructors, they can find many videos that they can make use of as a warm up or post-reading activity. Many authentic videos can also be used for exemplification of certain language structures. It can be use both in and out of the language classroom.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5