Reviewer: Nur Gedik Bal
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Registration is required but it is free to register.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
The website includes short authentic videos from videos and simple translation tasks. There are videos for beginner, elementary, intermediate, upper intermediate and advanced level students. There are also videos for certain language structures like tenses, comparatives, modals etc. You can choose your native language and the translation practice shows up in your mother tongue.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
The website is updated.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language of the website is accurate.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
The organization of the website is simple. It is user friendly as the video shows upon the screen. There are also categorization that you can choose like topics or language level.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
It is useful for both students and teachers. Teachers can use the authentic videos in class as a contingency plan or practice certain language content like modals tenses etc. It is really interesting and authentic as the videos are from real movies and cartoons. Students also can make use of that at home. While they are practicing their listening skills, they can also learn many vocabulary.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5