Title: The Times
Reviewer: Behice Ceyda Cengiz
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Registration is required only for certain activities such as solving crosswords, sudokus, etc.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
E-mails and a phone number are given.
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
It is a newspaper website, in which one can find updated news from different parts of the world. It is also possible to play crosswords, sudokus, etc. online. It is more suitable for advanced level language learners.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
The website is updated frequently. All of the links are working.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language used on the website is accurate. The authors can be identified.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It is a user friendly website. It is easy to navigate and find what you are looking for.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
The newspaper can be used both for in-class and extensive reading. Teachers can pick current articles that are interesting for language learners and design activities around these topics. Crosswords and puzzles can be played by language learners.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5