Title: Teachers Pay Teachers
Reviewer: Behice Ceyda Cengiz
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Registration is required for downloading free materials, buying and selling materials, rating and commenting on the materials.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
E-mail information is provided. Teacher authors have their own profiles in which one can see their materials.
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
The website includes materials shared or sold by teachers worldwide. These materials include “lesson plans, units, interactive notebooks, center ideas, task cards, activities, games, common core resources, classroom decor and more”. Language teachers can choose different age levels or subjects and find various resources for language teaching, which are rated by other people. The subjects are very varied covering a wide range of fields of interests. The website is suitable for all grades and proficiency levels.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
The website is updated frequently. All of the links are working.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language used on the website is accurate. The teacher authors can be identified.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It is a user friendly website. It is easy to navigate and find what you are looking for.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
Language teachers can use the various language learning materials on the website. To decide on the good ones, ratings done by other teacher can be a reference. Teachers can also put their own materials, get feedback from other teachers and exchange other ideas.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5