Title: Oxford Dictionaries
Reviewer: Nur Gedik Bal
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Registration is not required for looking words in the dictionary or certain games and quizzes.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
The website belongs to Oxford University Press.
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
It is a dictionary website but it not only includes dictionary of different languages but also has some games, quizzes, wordlists and Oxford Dictionaries Community. There is also a blog in which many people share different things about language and its contents.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
The website is updated.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language of the website is accurate.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It is easy to navigate but the main page might be more organized as it seems complicated at first glance.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
The website is useful for both students and teachers. It can be used as an online dictionary and the games and quizzes can be suggested as an extra task.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5