Title: One stop English
Reviewer: Nur Gedik Bal
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Registration is required for the access to whole materials. There is limited access to certain materials.One can register with an individual account or institutional account. There is 30-day free trial.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
The website is owned and operated by Macmillan Publishers Limited, a company registered in England under company number 00785998 with a registered office at Brunel Road, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG21 6XS, United Kingdom.
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
With over 9,000 resources, including lesson plans, worksheets, audio, video and flashcards, the website is a resource site for English language teachers. There are sources for all level language classes. Four language skills, integrated skills and language contents like grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation are different categories provided on the website. There are also sources for business English and ESP. Methodology is also provided and some technological tasks and activities are shared with the registered members. There are also assessment sources. All in all, the website is a comprehensive one for language teachers.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
The last post was shared on 8th September 2016, so the website is an updated one.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language of the website and the materials is accurate.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
The website is colorful, organized and east to navigate.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
It is useful especially for language teachers. They can find many sources that they can use in their classes. Moreover, they can contact with the communities provided on the website and keep track of their professional development on the website.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5