Reviewer: Nur Gedik Bal
1. Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2. Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Registration is not required.
3. Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
The United Kingdom’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities.
4. Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
The website includes all language skills and contents. There are such categories as listen and watch, read and write, grammar and vocabulary, fun and games and print and make. The level of the learners is generally beginner as the website is designed for young learners especially learners who are under the age of 12. The materials include mainly audio visuals and printable materials.
5. Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
6. Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language of the website is accurate.
7. Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
The website is both organized and easy to use.
8. Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
It can be useful for both students and teachers. Teachers of young learners can make use of a lot of materials provided on the website. Especially short stories given in the videos are also supported with the activity and answer keys. Therefore, a teacher can make use of both audio visuals and printable materials in the classroom. Learners can also engage in the tasks outside the classroom.
9. Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5