Title: Google Translate
Reviewer: Behice Ceyda Cengiz
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Without any registration, one can use Google translate, which translates from one language to another.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
It is a website in which the text typed in the box is translated from one language to another. It is also possible to listen to the text in both of the languages.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
Not all of the translations are reliable.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It is a user friendly website. It is easy to navigate and find what you are looking for.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
The website can be used by language learners for translation purposes. Listening to the text can help them improve their pronunciation (e.g. word stress, sentence stress, intonation, etc.).
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5