Reviewer: Behice Ceyda Cengiz
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
One can also subscribe for the website by typing an e-mail address.
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
There is not much material about language teaching/learning in the website. Therefore, there is no registration required.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
It is a company that helps students to find universities/schools where they can learn English. No address or person from the company can be identified.
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
The purpose of the website is to find universities, colleges and language programs for students who would like to learn English in USA. In the website, there are additionally quizzes, videos, grammar checks and podcasts. But they are few in number and do not address any specific topic or proficiency level. They are given in a haphazard manner and mostly with links going to other websites.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language used on the website is accurate. No bibliography is provided.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It can be considered a user friendly website. It is easy to navigate and find what you are looking for.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
The website can be useful for language learners who would like to find language programs/colleges abroad. There are ESL advisors who do not charge students for these services.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5