Title: English 4 Kids
Reviewer: Behice Ceyda Cengiz
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
One can subscribe for newsletter. https://www.facebook.com/kizphonics
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Registration and payment are required for accessing certain content (e.g. for buying courses). But there is a great amount of free content, as well.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
The owner of the company is introduced. Mail address is also given.
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
The site has rich content for young learners. It includes (not all free) a vast variety of materials including lessons (mostly on phonics education) , worksheets, games, flashcards, video tutorials and powerpoints, It is especially beneficial for phonics education and beginner level English for young learners. Listening activities, videos and games are quite interesting. There are many printables (e.g. worksheets, powerpoints) that can go with the videos and other listening materials in the website.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
The website seems to be updated. The links are working.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language used on the website is accurate. No bibliography is provided.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It can be considered a user friendly website. It is easy to navigate and find what you are looking for.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
The website is especially beneficial for preschool and primary school students. Teachers can use the fun games/ worksheets/videos/powerpoints in the classroom for teaching the English alphabet, practicing early reading and writing skills and teaching beginner level English.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5