Title: Class Dojo
Reviewer: Nur Gedik Bal
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Registration is required to be a member of the community. As a teacher can create classes.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
ClassDojo is backed by leading investors, including Imagine K12 / Y Combinator, General Catalyst, GSV, SV Angel, SoftTech VC, Shasta Ventures, Reach Capital, SignalFire, and others.
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
ClassDojo’s mission is to reinvent classrooms by bringing teachers, students and parents closer together. Teachers use ClassDojo as a communication platform to encourage students, and get parents engaged too. It is mainly done through mobile application.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language of the website is accurate. Teachers or parents can also change the language into their native language.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
The website is simple and neat. There is not much in terms of resources, so it is easy to navigate.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
It might be useful for primary school teachers as they can bring the parents and students together and help the parents follow their students’ development and engagement with the coursework.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5