Reviewer: Behice Ceyda Cengiz
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)https://twitter.com/busuu
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc. Registration is required for accessing content. Free and premium features are different. In premium which requires payment, more resources are provided (e.g. vocabulary quizzes).
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
Contact section is included in the website. No single responsible person for the website is identified.
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
The website allows language learners to learn English at their own pace anytime anywhere. There are grammar lessons in which grammatical rules are given with explanations, pictures, audios and exercises (e.g. drag and drop etc.) in a step-by-step manner. One can also learn new vocabulary in these lessons and save those to My Vocabulary. There is writing practice part in which language learners can choose a picture or video from the list, write about it and get corrected by native speakers of that language. In addition to these, there are also Travel and Business Courses, which include relevant content for language learners. The website can be good for all levels including beginner to advanced level learners and also zero beginners.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
The website is updated frequently. All of the links are working.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language used on the website is accurate.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It is a user friendly website. It is easy to navigate and find what you are looking for.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
Busuu can be good for self-studying English. Practice section can be especially beneficial since it allows access to native speakers for the correction of language learners’ writings.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5