Title: Planet ELT
Reviewer: Behice Ceyda Cengiz
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
One needs to register and log in to download materials (e.g. articles, worksheets, test answer keys) uploaded on the website. Without registration, one can see only sample pages of the books sold by the company.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
Since it is the website of a publishing company, there is contact info about the company including address, phone number and e-mail address.
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
The website serves to display many textbooks which are for sale. There are various textbooks about language teaching that a language teacher can consider using in the classroom. Sample pages from these books are provided. Once registered, language learner/teacher can access various articles, worksheets for different proficiency levels, annual lesson plans, test packs, answer sheets, quiz books, extra tests, proficiency tests and sample exams. Since 2010, the company has been releasing interactive CD-ROM, smart board software and online support for this software. In the website, there are demos for smartboard software, which can be accessed without any registration. Job vacancies are also announced on the website.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language used on the website is accurate. The authors of the articles are not identified.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It is a user friendly website. It is easy to navigate and find what you are looking.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
It is useful for teachers who are looking for textbooks, worksheets, quizzes, annual lesson plans, test packs, etc., which can also used by the students after class. Interactive CD-ROM and smart board software can be used in classes where there is interactive white board.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5