Title: Learn English
Reviewer: Nur Gedik Bal
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Registration is not required, but to be able to download resources, to build one’s own profile and leave questions for other site users to answer, registration is free.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
British Council, The United Kingdom’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
The website is language learning website on which students can improve their English. Website provides tests to test the level of the students. There are grammar, vocabulary, listen and watch and writing practices. There are also games and jokes for language learners on the website. The level of the materials or sources is not stated on the website; however, it seems appropriate for elementary and intermediate language learners. As there are also tips for IELTS exam, it is also intended for advanced level students.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
It is an updated website. There are posts from August 2016.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language of the website is accurate.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
The organization and presentation of the website seem professional. The website is easy to navigate.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
It is useful for language learners. They can improve their language skills by utilizing the sources provided on the website.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5