Title: English tips.org
Reviewer: Behice Ceyda Cengiz
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Without registration, one cannot download the materials (e.g. workbooks, textbook, etc.).
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
In the website, one can find and download numerous textbooks, exam materials (for TOEFL, IELST, etc.), e-books, multimedia, etc that can be beneficial for language learners. There is also a forum for exchange of ideas and materials among language teachers. Daily English lessons are interesting, which can serve as good activities to be used in class.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
The website is updated frequently as understood from the daily English lessons corner updated everyday. Many of the links for downloading are not working.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language used on the website is accurate.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It is a not a very user friendly website. There are so many different contents/ links to click in the main page. For downloading the documents, one needs to go through many clicks and many documents are not downloadable.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
The website can be good for downloading textbooks, workbooks and other language learning resources. Daily English lessons can be used in classroom as interesting activities.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5