Title: BRITISH COUNCIL
Reviewer: Nur Gedik Bal
1. Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
There are memberships on Facebook, Twitter and Linked-in.
2. Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
No need for registration.
3. Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
PO Box 34 Çankaya
ANKARA / TURKEY
British Council Turkey Tel:
+90 212 355 56 57
British Council Turkey Fax:
+90 212 355 56 58
4. Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
There are both language learning and teaching activities and materials. Teachers’ professional development is also one of the components. There are free webinars and teaching sources and some teacher communities are also given. Besides, lesson plans, classroom activities are also provided. The website appeal learners from different levels and age groups.
5. Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
The last post is on 13th July 2016. So, the website is updated.
6. Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language of the website is accurate and sources are provided.
7. Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
It is organized and colorful. The website is easy to navigate.
8. Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
It is very useful for both teachers and learners. Especially teachers can make use of a lot of activities, worksheets lesson plans from the website. Moreover, a teacher can easily follow the professional development activities such as webinars and some teaching communities
9. Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5