Reviewer: Nur Gedik Bal
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
There is e-mail subscription
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Registration is not required.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
It is an online news website. One can reach news from around the world. There are various categories such as art, tech, science, health and magazine. There are also one-minute World News videos.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
It is a daily updated website.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language of the website is accurate.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
The organization of the website is well-designed. It is easy to navigate and you can also search specific things on the website. The news is generally categorized according to their contents. The latest news appears on the homepage.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
Teachers can make use of one-minute news videos in class or they can suggest these videos to the students so that they watch them at home. Students also can follow the news and write their reviews on the news. That might help students’ developing their language skills.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5