Title: BBC Learning English
Reviewer: Nur Gedik Bal
1) Availability of Membership/Subscription (Phone, email, social media)
2) Whether registration is required for the access to the materials, worksheets etc.
Registration is not required for the access to the courses or materials.
3) Authorship (Contact/ information about the author/institution/website owner)
Producer: Rob Carter
4) Site description and content (Short description of website, purpose, language skills, materials and activities, learners proficiency level, age )
The website is a language learning website. One can choose the level and go on with the courses. In these courses there are sessions and units besides practices to do. There are also vocabulary references. The level of the courses include advanced, upper intermediate, intermediate lower intermediate.
5) Up-to-datedness (Updated time and current links)
It is updated. There is a post shared on 7th September 2016.
6) Accuracy (Accurate information, bibliography, language accuracy)
The language of the website is accurate.
7) Presentation (Organization/navigation, user-friendliness, technical aspects, graphics, advertisement)
The organization of the website is simple and seems professional. It is easy to navigate. There are not advertisements.
8) Usefulness (For teachers / students – in class or out class activity)
It is very useful for language learners. Teachers can also make use of the grammar explanations during the class. However, it is noteworthy for students to improve their language skills through the practices on the website.
9) Overall rating
1 Very Poor (Not recommended)
2 Poor (Not appropriate)
3 Adequate (Acceptable with adaptation)
4 Good (Appropriate for use)
5 Excellent (Highly recommended)
1 2 3 4 5